Do you need workers compensation insurance? If you are employed in Salem and become injured, this insurance may be available to help cover the costs of your medical bills. There are many facts surrounding workers comp that you should know, however. The 5 facts below are a few of the most important.
1. All companies in Salem who have six or more employees must carry workers compensation insurance. This is without regard to the industry or sector of business.
2. Workers comp insurance is available to all workers, regardless of who is at fault for the accident. However, a drug/alcohol test may be required. Failing this test may result in benefits denial.
3. You must report the accident to your supervisor immediately. You must also seek medical attention immediately. An incident report must be completed and you are subject to other procedures at that time.
4. You may need to retain a skilled workers compensation attorney Salem Oregon in your case if your benefits are denied and for many other reasons. Attorneys provide a great relief in such a case and may even provide benefit as you apply for coverage.
5. Workers compensation insurance benefits have been provided to employers for many years now, thanks to the Workers Compensation Acts of 1906 and 1908. Wisconsin passed the first state laws following this legislature in 1911, and many other states soon followed afterward.
No one plans to be injured on the job when they clock in for the day to start their work. This is why it is called an accident. However, it happens more commonly than a person would like to think. It is important you know the laws surrounding workers compensation just in case you’re the victim of an on-job injury. It will save you time, headache, and plenty of frustration.